Saturday 3 May 2014

Nandos Red Pepper Dip

This quick and easy recipe was inspired by a visit to Nandos. A friend asked me to try the red pepper dip starter and I've been hooked ever since. Like many of the foods I eat out, I have tried to recreate this dish at home and this little gem is very close to the Nandos red pepper dip. There are a fair few recipes on the web but I like this one.

Red Pepper Dip

Ingredients:

1 Jar of roasted* red peppers. (320g)
1/4 Small white onion (30g)
1/2 Salad tomato (40g)
4 Capers (7g)
3 Sundried tomatoes (25g)



*I prefer the Aleyna brand of peppers but any will do as long as they are roasted. I have seen some that say 'marinated'. Please do not use these as your dip will not taste pleasant at all. It will be sour and sharp.



Method:

Ensure that you have drained all the ingredients well. Place them all into a food processor  and pulse for about 1 minute. Empty into a bowl and refrigerate for about 1hr.This will make enough for a starter/snack for 4. It might be hard to skip the refrigeration step but it's important, this dip tastes better cold.

It's that easy! - Serve with some warmed pitta bread. Enjoy.This is great as a present to take to a friends house too along with a nice bottle of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment